Author Topic: LALLO GORI & NICO FIDENCO  (Read 3734 times)

Offline trentini

• View Profile
LALLO GORI & NICO FIDENCO
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:40 pm »
Well, I thought I'd die of old age before I saw a DA CORLEONE A BROOKLYN cd published. So now that has happened, my hopes are up for a couple of soundtracks I've been looking for for an eternity.
First of all we desperately need Lallo Gori's "Quel maledetto giorno d'inverno... Django e Sartana all'ultimo sangue" (I believe parts from it have also been used in "Arrivano Django e Sartana... รจ la fine".
And then, there's always the elusive "Campa carogna, la taglia cresce" by Nico Fidenco - naturally it has to come complete with the title song sung by Stephen Boyd.
Do those masters exist in Beat's vaults?

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
Re: LALLO GORI & NICO FIDENCO
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »
Hi there!

I love Micalizzi's score too... and I really have to thank Claudio that helped Beat Records (Lenzi & Micalizzi series) with this project I really love!

Anyway, we'll be releasing Fidenco score very soon. The Gori's one I don't know, I don't think it makes part of our catalogue...

Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline trentini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:30:11 pm »
Hi Daniele.
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Great news for Campa Carogna! As for the Gori soundtracks, I checked my copy of "Quel maledetto giorno..." and the music publisher is Nazionalmusic. I was under the impression that the bulk of Gori's recordings were part of Beat's catalogue. Anyway, the remaining unreleased scores from Fidani's westerns are simply great, on par with, or even better than "Sam Wallash". I live in hope that these recordings exist and that some day will resurface.
Oh and a question that has been bothering me for sometime: How do you pronounce "Kojucharov"?

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »
It's not easy to tell you how we do pronounce Kojucharov... We both should be professor of Language in order to give each other a good explanation since we belong to different languages contexts, anyway I try with an English explanation: KO-YOU-KUR-OF (the "U" of "KUR" should sound like the "u" in "up")

;)
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline trentini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »
 ;D Ha ha!  ;D
I always thought it was Ko-you-tsa-rof.
Thanks for clearing this up.