Author Topic: thunder and thunder 3  (Read 9188 times)

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
thunder and thunder 3
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:25 pm »
I was so pleased when BEAT re-issued this wonderful music    Maestro De Masi, creates such grand sounds on these scores which are embellished by his subtle use of electronics, two truly must have scores and both on one CD.

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
Re: thunder and thunder 3
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:17:53 pm »
I\'M VERY HAPPY WHEN SOMEONE LOVE MY FATHER MUSIC! EXPECIALLY WHEN I REMEMBER THE WORK PROFUSE TO COMPOSE THE OST OF THUNDER AND THUNDER 3. I HOPE YOU LISTEN ALSO OTERS SOUNDTRACKS OF FRANCESCO DE MASI... ONE OF MY FAVERITES IS THE BIG GAME,  A MASTERPIECE!
PLEASE VISIT THE SITE WE MADE AT THIS ADDRESS http://WWW.FRANCESCODEMASI.COM

SEE YOU AT SON...
FILIPPO DE MASI
Quando un uomo con il fucile incontra un bambino con la fionda, il bambino con la fionda è un bambino morto. (Franco Franchi "Per un pugno nell\'occhio")

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:01:52 pm »
Dear Sir, I have for many years been a fan of your Fathers wonderful music, I first encountered it when I purchased the soundtrack to QUELLA SPORCA STORIA NEL WEST on CAM LP, I also interviewed your Father via a postal questinaire which he very kindly returned to me with many lovely answers to my many questions, I think I have nearly all of his films scores, apart from the BIG GAME I will get this as you say it is a very good score, many thanks John Mansell.

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »
I think my favourite score by your Father or at least one of them is LONE WOLF McQUADE, john mansell

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:23:15 am »
Dear John,

Like you say, the ost of Lone Wolf is really fantastic. I remember when Dad, Yoram Ben Ami and Steve Carver was in Rome, at Forum studios, to realize this soundtrak... I was 16 and for me was a big emotion to see 100 people play in a very large orchestra my father\'s music. When he composed others western in \'60 I was a child and I can\'t have exatly paricolars feel about this.

Please, if you really know all my father\'s music, listen the main titles of "Quel maledetto treno blindato" (Inglorious bastards) and say to me something about...

friendly Filippo de Masi
Quando un uomo con il fucile incontra un bambino con la fionda, il bambino con la fionda è un bambino morto. (Franco Franchi "Per un pugno nell\'occhio")

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 03:32:29 pm »
Hi  Filippo, I also like this score very much, I did not know anything about it till dagored released it, so another of your Fathers soundtracks to my collection.  I am so glad that many scores such as this are being released at last. Another score of your Fathers that i think is very very good is  ARIZONA COLT it is a classic work, an iconic score within the Italian western genre, the theme is so infectious, We were told that an expanded version of this was being planned, but have heard no more. do you know anything of this ?  Best wishes John .

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:59:16 pm »
Dear John,

We are woking to edite a complete edition of all music of film western written by my father. Arizona Colt will be edited in a completed edition in collaboration by CAM and Beat records. This work Will be consist by 7 or 8 CD and will be completed in June of 2008.
P.S. working to this project I\'ve discover a lot of music inedited of Arizona Colt... it\'s really fantastic!!!

By, friendly, Filippo

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 04:21:20 pm »
Hi Filippo, this sounds like a dream come true, june is not far away, can we wait ? we will have to, the western music of Maestro De Masi, to me is at times simple but very effective, his themes are so haunting, by this I mean the music stays in your head its infectious, and so very very good, and on screen it enhances supports and certainly graces the images it was written for,    john Mansell.

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:45:48 pm »
Hi Filippo, do you have any memories of your father conducting the score for MAKING THE GRADE  for Basil Poledouris,  I spoke with Poledouris about this and he had nothing but praise for your Father, he could not conduct because of something to do with the musicians union at the time,  thank you John.

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 12:19:39 pm »
Dear John,

I\'ve a lot of memories of the reording of "Making the grade". Probably daddy met Poledouris when he come in Los Angeles for making Lone Wolf Mac Quade. But is just a guess. Rather, I remember very well the record of OST in Forum Studios. Daddy sow to me thet was a very nice work and a big pleasure to conduct the music of a excellent america musiciant. Moreover, when daddy returned in Los Angeles for the opening of Lone Wolf, probably met Basil because bring me the LP of Soundtrak of "Conan the barbarian" with the dedication for me of maestro Poledouris.
Unfortunately I haven\'t the OST of "Making the grade"... Rather If you know if exist something about this soundtrak, please I would be liked to buy it.

I know that daddy had a big friend in Los Angeles, a famous musician: Goldstein. He sure work for the Soundtrak of "Fame", but I don\'t remember his name. I would like to contact because daddy was very tied to him... can you help me?

friendly Filippo.

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:23 pm »
Hi Filippo, Making the Grade is available on VARESE SARABANDE records or at least it was as it was a special release in the club series, as for the composer who worked on FAME I will see if I can get a contact address for you, best wishes John.

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 11:33:16 pm »
Thanks for all... :D

Filippo

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 08:47:10 pm »
hi Fillipo, I was wondering how you are progressing with the cd set of your fathers music, and have you a date when it will be released ? many thanks John. :D

Offline Filippo de Masi

• Artisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 04:05:20 pm »
I\'ve not idea because there are more editors that mast give to as the autorizations. I hope to give you notices at soon is possible. Everycase see the internet site. Here you can find any informations.

By Philo

Offline Damian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 03:03:11 pm »
Hi filippo,

I too am a big fan of Francesco DeMasi and I also look forward to the cd set that has been mentioned.I have been a fan for many years.I think one of my earliest purchases was Solomano Il Conquistador(back in the days of lp).I especially like the fact that you can recognise his style from all of the other composersparticularly in his westerns-very distinctive.