Author Topic: composer leonard rosenman has died....  (Read 3297 times)

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
composer leonard rosenman has died....
« on: March 05, 2008, 05:35:28 pm »
LEONARD ROSENMAN  COMPOSER HAS PASSED AWAY, I used to love hs scores as they were all very experimental and groundbreaking his music for the movie, BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES inparticular is one I have many memories of  THE MARCH OF THE APES is now a classic track,  r.i.p. Maestro. Jm.

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
Re: composer leonard rosenman has died....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:53:46 am »
Quote from: \"john mansell\"
LEONARD ROSENMAN  COMPOSER HAS PASSED AWAY, I used to love hs scores as they were all very experimental and groundbreaking his music for the movie, BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES inparticular is one I have many memories of  THE MARCH OF THE APES is now a classic track,  r.i.p. Maestro. Jm.

Sad thing, thanks for the info John...
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline lowephato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:36:08 pm »
The film, to me, was forgettable--if not for its "escapism" sequel and it's most interesting soundtrack.  I also like "March of the Apes," but my favorite track is "Mass of the Holy Bomb."  It was, at the time, one of the most original things that I'd heard.  It still haunts me, but in a strange good way--painful, but pleasurable too--like teething.  Unfortunately, this is the only soundtrack I have of Mr. Rosenman. 

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:41:38 am »
i remember getting the lp on amos records, the music on the lp was i think re recorded and not from the movie, apart from the mass of the holy bomb which also included dialogue, rosenman was a unique talent.