Author Topic: Spencer/Hill Soundtracks  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Bollman

• View Profile
Spencer/Hill Soundtracks
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »
BEAT has already released two great Spencer/Hill soundtracks:
1) Nati con la camicia
2) Non c\'è due senza quattro

Will BEAT release more Spencer/Hill soundtracks? Two other favourites are "Più Forte Ragazzi" and "Due Superpiedi Quasi Piatti".

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
Re: Spencer/Hill Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:38 pm »
Hi,

Maybe the first one... I don\'t think the second one will be easy to release since we don\'t have the master tapes...!

Best!
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline Bollman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 12:10:45 am »
I\'ll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

Offline djvaso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 02:01:58 pm »
It will be nice to pay hommage somehow to this duet this year in Italy because Hill celebrated his 70th birthday on 29.03. and Spencer will celebrate his 80th birtday on 31.10. In Germany, where they are very popular, will be released several movies with digitally remastered transfer on blu-rays and DVDs.

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 11:19:21 am »
Hi all,

Unfortunately most of the cool tracks of "Pari E Dispari" still unreleased, and also, i've noticed there was used main theme of "Goodbye & Amen" - another cool brothers work! Also is unreleased...

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 12:43:09 pm »
A lot of the scores of the Spencer Hill duo have problems because it's not easy to get the original master tapes...

I can assure you that we are always trying to find the precious material but sometimes it's very difficult!
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:15:24 pm »
A lot of the scores of the Spencer Hill duo have problems because it's not easy to get the original master tapes...

I can assure you that we are always trying to find the precious material but sometimes it's very difficult!

Yes, sure, thansk for  your response...

When i watch any italian movie, first time i take into account music, background, especially if i know the composers...

In this case, in Hill/spencer Duo mostly composed by De Angelis...
Well: Altrimenti Ci Arrabbiamo, there was great 2 thermes - i couldn't find them on any CD's or compilations... Maybe it's just reused tracks...
1st one sounds when il sicario coming... from Air.
2nd one is a western theme when Hill/Spencer fights with the gang in the forest.
For myself i always cut inedits tracks from DVD... it helps to enjoy inedit )))))

In PARI E DISPARI, i've noticed the song version of main titles - not used in Goodbye & Amen, but used as song on the background in PARI E DISPARI, when Hill, Salvatore Borgese and his gang plays poker in the night club while Bud Spencer's hero sleeps in the truck.

Eda

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:54:05 pm »
You are hinting the De Angelis bros have used for more than one movie the same music?

Could be... !

Anyway, ALTRIMENTI CI ARRABBIAMO score is some of a chimera... we are looking for it since a lot of time...! The same for what concerns the other movie...

But keep in touch, something whispers to me that soon maybe we'll have surprises ;)
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 02:08:26 pm »
You are hinting the De Angelis bros have used for more than one movie the same music?

Could be... !

Anyway, ALTRIMENTI CI ARRABBIAMO score is some of a chimera... we are looking for it since a lot of time...! The same for what concerns the other movie...

But keep in touch, something whispers to me that soon maybe we'll have surprises ;)

Yes, of course!

But it's just my thoughts, Morricone reused many times his oldest themes in the another movies... under another titles or just in the movies - not in the soundtracks...

In LA PIOVRA - TV-series i immediately (when saw it long time ago) noticed in the background of one of the episodes, the old track Veruschka - reused just as background music...
There was big conference, journalists... But it was once and only once.

also, once as RADIO track there reused track from IL VIZIETTO-3, Stasera Ti Amo # 2, it was funny to hear in RADIO.

But moreover, couple of tracks from Sacco E Vanzetti reused always... nel Carcere/ E Dover Morre.

It was reused only in TV, not included to the soundtracks..

But often, somebody includes the same track to another OST under different titles...

the track from LA CUGINA - DE CPALAMO - reused in TV-series PIAZZA DI SPAGNA and included to this OST as SECONDA BORGHESIA, etc.... there is much more examples....

I think De Angelis brothers could use some tracks in 2 movies... maybe rearranged / etc...

If we get any suprrises soon, that would be nice, thanks ! 

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 02:22:09 pm »
As far as i know a lot of composers had the habitude of recycling some music for minor roles in subsequent movies.

I think that this practice has to found his root in various reasons, first of all that a lot of time productions at the time speaking didn't have the budgets for recording new original music for movies so composers had to find some solutions in their archives...!
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:11 pm »
As far as i know a lot of composers had the habitude of recycling some music for minor roles in subsequent movies.

I think that this practice has to found his root in various reasons, first of all that a lot of time productions at the time speaking didn't have the budgets for recording new original music for movies so composers had to find some solutions in their archives...!

Thanks Daniele,

It's very useful info for me,

I almost sure sometimes directors asks them for the oldest music in their archives...

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »
FLYING THROUGH THE AIR  by Oliver onions  is a fun song,,, from follow me boys as it was called in the UK  Pui forte ragazza I think,  the LP was on RCA....