Author Topic: Regular edition and Gold series?  (Read 4272 times)

Offline djvaso

• View Profile
Regular edition and Gold series?
« on: September 25, 2008, 09:52:38 pm »
What is the difference between regular edition and Gold series? I have also noticed that CDCR45 is only released as Gold series? Are there any other CDs with only special edition?
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, vaso

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
Re: Regular edition and Gold series?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:44:10 am »
Quote from: \"djvaso\"
What is the difference between regular edition and Gold series? I have also noticed that CDCR45 is only released as Gold series? Are there any other CDs with only special edition?
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, vaso

Dear Vaso,

Normal Releases and Gold Series were 2 lines that were created in the late 80s and continued to be released up to the beginning of this year. Gold Releases were those CDs that had a better quality in the packaging and//or new unreleased music and//or were more difficult to produce. Normal releases were those production with music (maybe) already released and//or shorter booklets and so on.

Some time ago we started also a new line named DLX series (Deluxe). It featured a DIGIPACK box and more stylized artwork. One of these CDs (Napoli Spara! Music by Francesco de Masi) came along with an MPEG interview to the director of the movie MARIO CAIANO.

The experiment was appreciated by collectors and actually Beat Records quitted all the old lines (Normal, Gold and Deluxe) and recently started a new series that is called LTD Edition that is to say, LIMITED EDITION. (You can check titles like LIBERI ARMATI PERICOLOSI and MILANO ROVENTE at our web site)

These CDs come in a limited quantity, a quantity that can be checked in the relevant article at our main web site www.beatrecords.it, they have a MULTIMEDIA contentet (sometimes an interview to the director of the movie, sometimes an interview to a famous actor or to the composer of the music), they have a stamp on the back that gives the CD a sort of uniqueness, they have a 24x36 cm poster inside that features English and Italian liner notes and they all come in a high quality DIGIPACK box.
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline MagicCarillon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:57:19 pm »
This question was one of the main reasons I joined the boards.  I have started collecting Italian soundtrack CDs earlier this year and I am finding tons of gems that are truly beautiful pieces of music.  I have noticed about six or seven Beat CDs that are now in print that are re-releases of items with different artwork.    Obvious examples are  Zombie 3, Buon Funerale, Grande Silenzio.  Is it possible Beat can show us a list of all titles that were re-released?  It would be a huge bonus to see what re-releases have extra features from the first edition.

THANKS!!!

I bought both new Beat ltd edition releases the same week they debuted!  I think they are both good scores and I hope the limited edition CD releases are succesful for the company.

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 03:20:15 pm »
So here you have the story:

In 2004 I took charge of Beat Records releases and examining our catalogue I saw some titles were out of stock or running very low in quantity.

We pressed again

CDCR 21 LUCIO FULCI HORROR & THRILLER
CDCR 27 IL GRANDE SILENZIO - UN BELLISSIMO NOVEMBRE
CDCR 31 QUEL CALDO MALEDETTO GIORNO DI FUOCO - ATTENTO GRINGO E\' TORNATO SABATA - LO CHIAMAVANO VERITA\'
CDCR 33 ZOMBI 3
CDCR 39 BUON FUNERALE AMIGOS! PAGA SARTANA - GLI FUMAVANO LE COLT LO CHIAMAVANO CAMPO SANTO
CDCR 58 UN ESERCITO DI 5 UOMINI - THE LINK

These Releases have no extra music. We just pressed them again because they were out of stock and a lot of people asked them to us. The new design was chosen just to give them a new better look.

All of these productions are new editions with old music. The graphic restyling for old editions pressed again pushed us to release more entertaning CDs with infos about the movies, liner notes written by critics and/or journalists and we also made use of a lot of original artworks in high resolution.

New productions that follow this guide lines came from CDCR 64 IL MEDICO LA STUDENTESSA and the CINECOCKTAIL SERIES onward.

All of the products in this series have a design that is studied to reflect the atmosphere of the orginal artworks, they have extensive liner notes and plenty of interviews with the composers and/or directors of the movies concerned.

From CDCR64 onward sometimes we re-issued also in CD some old LPs:

CDCR65 - LA POLIZIA INCRIMINA LA LEGGE ASSOLVE (it has a lot of never released before music)
CDCR70 - LA GATTA IN CALORE (it has a lot of never released before music)
CDCR71 - YETI IL GIGANTE DEL 20° SECOLO (same music as the LP but it\'s a wonderful score and was worthy a CD issue)
CDCR73 - SESSOMATTO (it has a lot of never released before music and a great remastering)
CDCR78 - UNA MAGNUM SPECIAL PER TONY SAITTA (same music as the LP but it\'s a wonderful score and was worthy a CD issue)

In the meanwhile we made some experiments, DLX SERIES were more ambitious projects, DIGIPACK box or even the double sleeve format that resembles a double LP cover of NAPOLI SPARA!.
Sometimes we added just high level graphic and design, sometimes a MPEG interview with some artist.

After some meetings we resolved to quit all of the old line and to start a new product altough as our standard. A new standard that should bring forward all of what was good in our old lines, This new format that has a serial number, a video interview, original artwork, high level design (not just pics on the cover, inside and on the back: every detail  is studied to appeal the collector), it doesn\'t feature a booklet but a 12x36 cm poster, the box is DIGIPACK and I can say that it could be a sitting-room object, that is to say, worthy to collect.

Now our politic is to release possibly whole unreleased scores, or scores coming from good LPs with some extra material.

I Hope this message it\'s not too long :)
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline MagicCarillon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:44:28 pm »
Thanks for the quick response!   I can\'t believe a question I have been asking myself for months is answered 20 minutes later after I finally ask!
 :o

so let me ask some questions

CDCR58 -  So there are two Beat releases of this title?  I have only the version on Duse Records (1994).  Was  Beat responsible for this release or did the album come out three times?  It\'s a fantastic score and one of my favorite CDs, I must say.

CDCR23 -  Did this release come out in two editions?   I have seen once in a catalog a different cover from the CD in my collection. Was this just a mock up cover that was never used , or is the current edition a re-release?

I think I can probably dream up some more questions if I were to give it more thought ..   The catalog is huge !

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:25:43 pm »
Indeed you are right, CDCR 58 has been released 3 times, once with DUSE as CDE76 and than after, when the CD was out of stock, it was pressed again with a new cover by Sandro Simeoni.
When also this release was finished we made a new CD that is the last one still on the market.

CDCR 23: I think it has been pressed just 2 times... Once with the original cover and once again with the new cover edited by Sandro Simeoni in the middle 90s...

No problems for your questions, I consider them a good training for my memory :)
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R