Author Topic: THE LATEST MICALIZZI CDs  (Read 3360 times)

Offline trentini

• View Profile
THE LATEST MICALIZZI CDs
« on: February 19, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »
My thoughts on the recent Lenzi / Micalizzi issues: CINICO cd is simply perfect. The sound is clear and robust and the audio mix is as loud as I like it (which sadly doesn’t happen often enough when remastering 30+ years old material). A minor complaint is the absence of the original titles. This “sequenza 1, 2 ....” is okay when dealing with obscure never before released soundtracks where the composer probably didn’t name the tracks in the first place, but here we’re talking about some of the most famous tracks by Micalizzi, like AFFANNO (track 1) or CACCIA AL CINESE (track 7). ROMA cd on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Thankfully, the sound in the opening track is as good as in CINICO. The rest of the tracks though are burdened by an annoying hiss - not very loud, but it’s there. Was something wrong with the masters, or is it just my copy?
Speaking of Micalizzi, has there ever been an italian cd edition of CHI SEI? I’m only aware of a japanese issue which is out of print.
Also, is Beat still planning on releasing Nico Fidenco’s score for CAMPA CAROGNA... LA TAGLIA CRESCE ?

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
Re: THE LATEST MICALIZZI CDs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:33:42 am »
Hi there,

Thank you for your message. For what concerns ROMA, unfortunately the source material was really in poor conditions: we tought anyway it was worthy a release.

For what concerns CAMPA CAROGNA the CD is scheduled for this year, hopefully before summer.

Thank you!

Daniele De Gemini
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline 2daze

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raregroovescave
Re: THE LATEST MICALIZZI CDs
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 07:17:15 pm »
hello, actually even in my CD I bought there is 'background noise, and Daniel explained why',
with regard to the titles are there, and the COMETA EDIZIONI MUSICALI Probably have them, I saw them in the original documents as we worked to re-release of the LP VIOLENCE!