Author Topic: Unreleased italian scores [La Piovra, etc]  (Read 41643 times)

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
Unreleased italian scores [La Piovra, etc]
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »
Hi All,

I'm Eda-88 (or Eda, as you wish or Eldar)!

I'm from Kazakhstan!

But since my childhood i adore, i admire, i love ITALIAN (and French from European) music from the movies!!! It's just wonderful!!!!

I saw and still watch always many many brilliant italian movies, TV-series... because in Russia (i speak russian) many legendary italian movies always shows on TV, get rleease on DVD, VHS... etc...

You know Carlo Rustichelli wrote for russian old funny movie, very cult for us : "Приключения итальянцев в России" (Adventures of italians in Russia) ...this score is unreleased, but wondrful..
I think it's unreleased because made in Russia!

in Russia, there is a big problem than Italy... there is no big great record companies like in Italy of USA or japan of in France...
Many many many old great russian treasure OST or TV Russian OST still unreleased...
And i don't know why!... It's very sad and pity...
But Morricone's score for '72 metres' or 'The Red Rent' released quickly )

Anyway, i'm always happy when i see wonderful releases every day by italian labels!
It's always happy times for all of us, who adore italian movie music!

But for me always was one big mystery, why so many great OST's still unreleased, or some ost not complete?

Speaking of Ennio Morricone!

We admire TV-series LA PIOVRA, because in Russia or Soviet Union this TV was very very popular, TOP!!
In the 1st season music composed by Riz Ortolani, that's how did i know him!
It was directed by Damiani - who always collaborated with Ortolani in 70's and coupel times with Morricone (Un Genio, Due Compari / Il Sorriso Del Grande Tentatore)!

And all the others La Piovra [2-10] by Florestano Vancini and Luigi Perelli, music composed by Ennio Morricone!

Exactly Ennio Morricone wrote that music, which reminds , still reminds us the story of Commissario Cattani or Davide...

For some reason Ortolani's score is forgotten...
Yes, Ortolani wrote couple of themes, but Morricone wrote more... in each part he wrote more and more music... and many music from 2-nd part reused in 3-rd or others...

Ortolani music released at LP, CD [with Cristoforo Colombo & La Primavera Di Michelangelo]... and we have even some cover version in the "The Genius" Double CD!

Morricone's score also released at LP, at FonitCetra CD/ LP, at German CD's and even in Russian CD in 2005.

But except russian release never , none of another released CD's / LP's included Main Theme, from The titoli???

WHY?!

In the 2nd Part by Vancini, there is MAIN THEME = Tentativo D'Amore + Main Theme [1st variation] - so-called 'Raccordi' according to End Titles of LA PIOVRA -8.

This short cue - is never released fully, unfortunately, we call it 'Raccordi' or "Tema Principiale" [like it was in Russian CD], but it's doesn't have real title. It's 12 seconds of "My Heart and I" track.

In every others parts of La Piovra TV [3-10] - mix of 2 themes = Main Title, La Morale + Raccordi.
In fact La Morale is slightly rearranged with 'mafia' sounds, very sonorous LA MORALE.

Russian CD gave release of this theme not officially i think, they cut it and remastered just from DVD... i believe, because if italian FonitCetra or RaiTrade or LP - never issued this track, how could russian record company ARC-Records issue it?

Yes! But it's better than nothing!
For 90% of Russian people the Morricone's name familiar because of Sergio Leone western themes, Chi Mai (Professionnel), Mission, Frantic... but also, LA PIOVRA...

many peoples doesn't knows many legendary masterpieces of the maestro..[D'Amore Si Muore, Il Maestro E Il Margherita, etc..]...

That's why we so adore this Morricone TV score.!

And I made many notes, mostly in Russian sites/ forums...

Here we discussed since 2006 La Piovra music:
http://www.teleserial.com/index.php?showtopic=13218

We discussed everything, covers, unreleased, arrangements, vocals, reused tracks in La Piovra (E Dover Morre / Nel Carcere from Sacco & Vanzetti // Stasera Ti Amo 2 from IL VIZIETTO 3, etc...)..

Every people always surprised why one of the best themes from 4th part "Morte Di Un Giusto" released, but none of his variations ever released???

Why so ????
There was at least 3 more variations of this theme, action version, which very similar to LA MORALE and other very tranquill version... Often in 5th part when Davide's son ....

Never released on LP or CD! But standart version of it: Morte Di Un Giusto - always released, on each CD...???

Can someone tell why these great variations never released??? It's been used in TV more than usual released version..

it's been reused in 4-5-6-7, 10 parts of TV.... but never released?
I cut all the variations from TV, i could post here the links if it will be useful... if you forgot..

I think Double CD is not completely at all, there must be 2 more CD to release COMPLETE SCORE for LA PIOVRA [TV]!!!!

There was 2 more outstanding variations of 'Strana Bambina', always released the version with Edda Dell'Orso voice, but never released another version by VIOLON, used as END TITLES of LA PIOVRA - 6 [1992]. One more beautiful theme is SILENZI DOPO SILENZI, always released as HARMONICA version, but never released SUPERB PIANO version!!!!
WHY???????

There is more and more another unreleased tracks, i've made bootleg and included there all the UNRELEASED TRACKS from 2-3-4-5-6-7, 10 parts.

WHY these variations still unreleased???

MILLE ECCHI - there was great variations, but i think if RaiTrade was the last release, that these my favorite tracks never will be released, is it?????
CANZONE PER LA SERA - flute...

I'm very sad about that! And not only me, every people, but we don't know where to say that, where to ask why.. and i hope here i have a very good chance to get the response, perhaps from Mr Claudio Fuiano or another peoples...

Thanks...

To be continued...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:38:03 am by eda-88 »

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
Re: Unreleased italian scores [La Piovra, etc]
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 02:33:27 pm »
But not only La Piovra...

I saw lots of Ennio Morricone's movies...

and always noticed something...

Sometimes, the music on CD is fully and many of tracks just not used in the movie...
But in other case, the tracks used in movie - never included to the OST....

There is more examples... in due time i wrote somewhere about it [probably www.chimai.com site and some forums]...

ORCA [1977] - old american production movie, in the main titles, sounds awesome Main Theme with vocal by Edda Dell'Orso!
believe me or not, this track never released, never!

Yes, it's been released on CD's... but only another arrangements - without vocal Edda Dell'orso...

It's still mystery for me...

IL VIZIETTO [1978] - old funny french movie, 2 variations of the track 'L'onorevole famiglia' is UNRELEASED.

WHY?! Yes, rhetorical question...

U-Turn - old american movie.... 10 or 11 tracks only released and that's all..................
The movie full of another themes, BOBBY theme variations, also, there was nice western motive, but moreover, it's very very very similar to 'Indagine Su Un CIttadino...' theme, or 'Il Gatto' theme...It's unreleased...

I don't know why only 10 morricone tracks released + some songs on the old CD, but the CD is not complete.
Read here: http://ilbuonoilbruttoilcattivoidioto.blogspot.com/2009/07/u-turn-bootleg.html

LE CASSE / GLI SCASSINATORI - some tracks unreleased.
There was 3-4-5 variations of Main Theme and all the unreleased, even whistle variation...

I made bootleg and cut all the tracks for myself, it's unreleased...
In restaurant Omar Sharif - Belmondo eat and sounds awesome variation on mandolina of Main Theme.

No PLAY TIME , NO GDM - never released this track.......

Great TV-series by Florestano Vancini PIAZZA DI SPAGNA, and very rare nowadays...
Thankfully i had opportunity to watch this TV...

In POINT RECORDS CD - released 16 tracks and one of them - from old LA CUGINA OST.

In this TV... many old tracks reused [Le Marginal, Le Vent Le Cri, Un Amico, Dreamer, la Citta and more...........]....

but here so many beautiful unreleased tracks... especially of ARMIDA E GINEVRA, harmonica version is brilliant...
more here: http://www.chimai.com/mod_comment/dsp_detail.cfm?obj_cd=PRM&id=106101&com_id=1466&action=&nav=right&list_id=1

WHY SO MANY MORRICONE UNRELEASED?? Not complete?

But it's Unreleased?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:35:43 am by eda-88 »

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:35:14 pm »
Hi Eda,

First of all I'm amazed about your origin! Such an exotic country! And you love Italian scores! Great!!!

I do not know the exact story about the movies you mentioned but I'll try to make somebody that knows something about their score (and why they have not been released) intervene.

Anyway, I just can say that a lot of stuff (I mean original master tapes) have been permanently lost... Sadly it's the simple truth... Sometimes it happened because of lazyness, sometimes these music were understimated because of the low budgets of the productions so nobody took care of preserving the music. Sometimes companies sell their catalogue and nobody cares about the real music but just about the TV rights and so on...

I don't know if the movies you are referring to fall in these cases but often this is the reason why still nowaday a lot of wonderful scores see the light not complete or do not see the light at all!
Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:21:35 pm »
Hi Daniele,

Thanks again for your response,

i'm very happy to discuss about that with any people who understand my thougths...

Mostly i never get the response... but i hope someone here will get me the info!

For me always Italy is exotic :)

Thanks for your explanations, Daniele, it explains something...

I'm really very sad if the mastertapes were lost and there is no any other way to restore , very sad if we could hear only the music from DVD / VHS cuts....

But i must tell... not only about Morricone, but about the others great OST too..

Legendary composer Riz ortolani - has more UNRELEASED at all OST than Morricone...

Many old ost by Ortolani released ling time ago on LP and 45RPM and never reissued on CD's...

Is really the reason because mastertape were lsot?

Io Ho Paura,
Bisturi, La mafia Bianca,
Regalo Di Natale,
Paolo barca,
Banditi A Milano
Il Merlo Maschio
Quer pasticciaccio brutto de via Merulana (1983) [TV]
................................never released on CD!!!!??????  :o :o :o

But some others...

Giallo Napoletano
Doppio Delitto
Donna D'Onora [TV]
Uomo Di Rispetto [TV]
Il Ricatto [TV]
Faccia Violenta Di New York
Perche si uccide un magistrato
L'Angelo con la pistola
Sette orchidee macchiate di rosso
La Casa Sperduta ...
Un Dramma Borghese
and a lot of the others...........

NEVER RELEASED EVEN ON LP / EP / SINGLE........ just Unreleased....
I saw all these movies, TV-series and i know very well the OST..

I wondered why "Confessione di un commissarrio", "Non Si Sevizia un paperino", "Una Ragione Per Vivere", etc..... - released on CD twice, thrice (EXTENDED)...

But none of them from above list  never released???
it's just the shame, because there was great scores!!!!

In most cases i just make bootleg / cut all the tracks from the DVD/ avi/ Vhs... - only this could help...

I really made many bootlegs and perhaps it's been already spreaded in the Internet - wtihout any credits...
But there is no more chance to hear the music... i can't watch 10 times some movie / TV - just only to hear the music i liked...
If i cut it, it's only opportunity...

I wrote in the official Riz ortolani site about that - but there no any response...

Also, i've made another bootlegs... because when i watch some movie and i like score, i go to Database to see, where and when it was released, maybe on any compilations...

So, unfortunately not...

De Angelis : Goodbye & Amen

In october or september i watched this Damiani's movie... and since main titles i was enjoyed this score and still can't believe why this cool OST is unreleased????

I made immediately bootleg and cut all the tracks, Main Titles, End Titles, some other themes.. with dialogues, everything.....

Bacalov: L'Aine Des Ferchaux [but it was French Mini-TV], i've made bootleg...

Carlo Savina: Pizza Connection, La badessa di castro, 1974, La notte dei dannati, 1971

WOW !!!

AMAZING !!!.....hah, but UNRELEASED

I didn't see so many movies with Savina scores... but i saw those 3 and i loved the score... sadly, but it's still unreleased...., besides Carlo received some awards for PIZZA CONNECTION and ORTOLANi for UOMO DI RISPETTO...

Pino Donaggio wrote great score for TV 'OCEANO', anyway on Saimel CD not included soem tracks and especially end titles - song!

Fiorenzo Carpi : Mio Dio Come Sono Caduta In Basso (1974)

Erotic comedy with LaurA Antonelli...
Some tracks released in CAM's compilation : Ritratto Di Un Autore...

But there was so many beautiful more tracks...
Eugenia's Theme - in CAM compilation there is another variation, but in the movie i heard just beautiful theme of Eugenia's Theme... another arranged.......

Detto Mariano - Asso?...
Yes..........!

Why Stelvio Cipriani score for Il Triangolo Delle Bermude (The Bermuda Triangle) (1978) - only 2 tracks released on CD and LP????

If you watch the movie, you know, there is much more than 2 tracks...
many variations of main Theme and the others as well...

Unfortunately only 2 tracks get release...

Why one of the Best Piero Piccioni theme from TV Cristo Si E Fermato A Eboli, never issued on CD?! only on some  LP......

I saw also many movies with great unreleased OST...

"Il frullo del passero" (1988) - it was great music...
The composer absolutely unknown to me, Mauro Malavasi, but he wrote outstanding score...

No one database lists this score... unreleased... i have no idea where to find it...

Lucio Dalla works for Ettore Scola pictures............

That's my story and question to Claudio Fuiano!

Thanks!

Eda
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:39:17 pm by eda-88 »

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:24:18 pm »
I forgot, i also noticed many Pino Donaggio great TV OST unreleased...

I adore his score for another a-la La Piovra - TV, "RACKET" (1997)...

Damned, it's unreleased finest score.....!!!!!!

You should know it :) We missed it :)

Offline Nekromantik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 04:01:50 pm »
Hi Eda!

Welcome to the board!

Very happy to read you, but I'm not done yet!  ;) I will take some time in the next few days to read more in details about your questions and thoughts.
I will try to answer as much as I can.

See you soon, then!  :)

Cheers from Switzerland,
David

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:03:37 pm by Nekromantik »

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »
David,

Happy to read you too and thanks for cordial welcome...

I hope you understand my speech , i prefer write in Russian, because i live in the country with russian language ...(Russian, tatars, kazakh, etc...)...

If you can't understand something - let me know, i'll explain more correctly.

See you soon!

Eda

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »
Speaking of Ortolani - Il Ricatto [TV], i think if it's never been released, i should make another bootleg...

Giallo Napoletano (1978) - i adore this score more than others, it's brilliant score from maestro, Main Titles and End Titles... are just amazing!
You can hear my bootleg here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/179515438/Riz_Ortolani-Giallo_Napoletano.rar
With Russian Narrations and Dialogues
or here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtlwtmqy2oi
without russian narrations - fully from italian AVI-rip

Played by mandolina and also played by Mastroianni in the movie...!!!

It's incredible, amazing score!!!!

UNRELEASED  it's shame...

Perche Si Uccide Un Magistrato (1974)- has very nice guitar themes...

My couple cuts from my DVD:
http://rapidshare.com/files/267385861/ROPSUUM-74-Unreleased.rar
password : eda-88

Doppio Delitto (1977) - another Mastroianni movie...
UNRELEASED...
I'm sorry my cuts were removed ...

Uomo Di Rispetto (1992)
Never released!

And... Riz Ortolani - from the site info:
http://www.rizortolani.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=57

'COLONNA SONORA DELL'ANNO' (“Best Sound-Track of the Year” Awards )

1994 Un Uomo di Rispetto (A Man of Respect) directed by Damiano Damiani

and from the other italian old articles..

"Raidue con "Uomo di rispetto", interpretato da Michele Placido, ha vinto ben tre premi (Monitor d' oro alla miglior miniserie europea, migliore sceneggiatura per Aurelio Grimaldi e Damiano Damiani, miglior colonna sonora per Riz Ortolani)"

P.s. More info here : http://www.teleserial.com/index.php?showtopic=19803&st=0

Long time ago IMDB even didn't list that Pino Donaggio composed for SCOOP [TV], or Cipriani composed for L'Ispettore Anticrimine, i don't know, maybe it's already marked...

Please hear them and you will be sure, it must be released.

And the last one...

It's big shame... but "Il Ricatto" (1985) doesn't list in IMDB or here:
http://www.rizortolani.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=38

I made screenshots, maybe you will be interested.... i should make bootleg..:

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 07:41:57 am »

Offline Daniele De Gemini

• Administrator
  • Beat Records A&R
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 05:41:19 pm »

Legendary composer Riz ortolani - has more UNRELEASED at all OST than Morricone...

Many old ost by Ortolani released ling time ago on LP and 45RPM and never reissued on CD's...

Is really the reason because mastertape were lsot?

Io Ho Paura,
Bisturi, La mafia Bianca,
Regalo Di Natale,
Paolo barca,
Banditi A Milano
................................never released on CD!!!!??????  :o :o :o

But some others...

Giallo Napoletano
Doppio Delitto
Donna D'Onora [TV]
Uomo Di Rispetto [TV]
Il Ricatto [TV]
Faccia Violenta Di New York
Perche si uccide un magistrato
L'Angelo con la pistola
Sette orchidee macchiate di rosso
La Casa Sperduta ...

NEVER RELEASED EVEN ON LP / EP / SINGLE........ just Unreleased....

Maybe a partial answer, Maestro Ortolani is not easy to share his private archive with publishers and very often his scores are not present in many publishers archives...

Unfortunately the fact his music often is not available is the simple reason it is not released :(

In most cases i just make bootleg / cut all the tracks from the DVD/ avi/ Vhs... - only this could help...

I really made many bootlegs and perhaps it's been already spreaded in the Internet - wtihout any credits...
But there is no more chance to hear the music... i can't watch 10 times some movie / TV - just only to hear the music i liked...
If i cut it, it's only opportunity...

Dear Eda, remember that if you cut and paste from DVDs for your private use it's permitted by the law but do not share this material with other people ;)

De Angelis : Goodbye & Amen

In october or september i watched this Damiani's movie... and since main titles i was enjoyed this score and still can't believe why this cool OST is unreleased????

I made immediately bootleg and cut all the tracks, Main Titles, End Titles, some other themes.. with dialogues, everything.....

Bacalov: L'Aine Des Ferchaux [but it was French Mini-TV], i've made bootleg...

Carlo Savina: Pizza Connection, La badessa di castro, 1974, La notte dei dannati, 1971

Carlo Savina: I think that very soon a lot of stuff composed by Maestro Savina will be released... So have faith!

Bacalov... maybe... we are trying to recover his stuff too!

Pino Donaggio wrote great score for TV 'OCEANO', anyway on Saimel CD not included soem tracks and especially end titles - song!

Fiorenzo Carpi : Mio Dio Come Sono Caduta In Basso (1974)

Ritratto Di Un Autore...

But there was so many beautiful more tracks...
Eugenia's Theme - in CAM compilation there is another variation, but in the movie i heard just beautiful theme of Eugenia's Theme... another arranged.......

Detto Mariano - Asso?...

Argh! A lot of good material but it's not easy to keep track of every movie score...

Consider that just considering Italo Western productions we are talking about more than 300 movies... Multiply this number for all the typologies of cinema... You'll get an enormous number of scores all composed by great musicians.

I think it will take a lot of decades to release them all...!

This last consideration just to give a little hint of the ocean of material we are surfing into...

Some times we have to deal also with rights, material problems, availability of the music... and problems with production planning...

Anyway, we can highlight in a post your hints, maybe if the material pops-up we can consider to release the CDs... :)

Daniele De Gemini
Beat Records Company
A&R

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 09:36:36 pm »
Daniele,

Thanks for the response!  :)

Howewer, i don't think i can wait... it will be long long long time or never will be released, most of my list... But i was glad to share my thougths.

I also didn't mention many others... - especially TV unreleased and sometimes doesn't lists IMDB or some Italian sites with filmography of the composers.. (Franco Piersanti - TV DONNA, Donaggio - Racket, etc.......)......

It's really sadly to hear about Ortolani works... we can't listen them :(... But good to hear about Savina, we'll hope!

Well, regarding bootleg, it's the only chance to hear once again & again the music..., easy way...
Well, i share it only with friends :)
Thanks for remark.

Thanks!

Morte Di Un Giusto-2-3 variations, Strana Bambina - violon, Silenzi Dopo Silenzi - Piano and many many others from 3-4-5-6  parts...

STILL! UNRELEASED!

THIS CD, NOT COMPLETE!

Mr Claudio Fuiano don't say that this is the complete score... He precise that nowaday this is the most complete collection!
I think that this is not the complete OST, but the RAI Trade archive is a really mess, and the rescue of the compositions is impossible.
If I read those cover notes, I understand that the work of re-construction is very hard, but Fuiano doesn't say: "this is the complete OST", but instead: "all the original masters survived are used"...
So, something is missed... Forever...

NOT COMPLETE!
NEVER HAS BEEN COMPLETE!

And if in RaiTrade didn't included those unreleased pieces, i don't think, they will be released in future.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:21:19 pm by eda-88 »

Offline Josh Mitchell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 02:19:43 am »
Hi eda-88!

Welcome to the board!  As you can see, I am a newbie here as well, and it is great to be able to talk with others who share a passion for Italian film scores.  I agree, there is so much unreleased music, but in a sense that can be a good thing because it gives us much to look forward to, and also provides enough projects to keep our beloved favorite soundtrack labels in business for many years to come!  :D

Josh

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 06:18:30 am »
Hi eda-88!

Welcome to the board!  As you can see, I am a newbie here as well, and it is great to be able to talk with others who share a passion for Italian film scores.  I agree, there is so much unreleased music, but in a sense that can be a good thing because it gives us much to look forward to, and also provides enough projects to keep our beloved favorite soundtrack labels in business for many years to come!  :D

Josh

Hi Josh,

Glad you read me too.

Right, wise words!

Offline eda-88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 06:09:20 pm »
I forgot,

Main Titles from TV-series "Il Principe Del Deserto" in fact is UNRELEASED...

We have GDM CD, but there is 2 tracks "Il Principe.." - none of them identical to the main titles from TV, everybody who have this TV, or movie "beyond Justice" could check it...

In Main Titles presented Drums... but in CD's tracks, no drums versions...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:34:08 am by eda-88 »

Offline john mansell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 06:32:36 pm »
Hi Eda, just seen your post and questions and observations, give me a few hours and i will see if i can answer some of them, as for Russian scores, these i think are so good, Russian composers seem to be able to infuse real emotion into their music, i love most of the works I have heard.  And was fortunate enough to obtain some compilations of russian film music,,,,  john m.